Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 30 - We Did It!!

Rosemary and Sue - January 1, 2011
Rosemary and Sue after 30 days of Raw!
January 30, 2011...I was saying to Rosemary this morning as I took her to Windsor to catch the train for Kitchener, two weeks would not have been enough for me.  At the two-week mark, I was finally ready to release myself from thinking that I really needed and wanted that feta omelet.  It took me that long to remove myself from its clutches, that long to cut my avocado portion in half (1/4 per day, instead of 1/2), and that long to relinquish excessive amounts of fruit.  It was my internal belief that if I didn't feel any suffering whatsoever, I could manage.  The only suffering I felt, was when I could not continue to move the weight on the scale to the left! I was not hungry, my food was delicious, for sure I was not suffering in any way, so I released the fruit and avocado......and with it, I began releasing weight as well, amazing!

It has been an enlightening, and overall,  amazingly easy and painless transition.  The real challenge was changing habits which I knew would not happen overnight and why I suggested the 30-day time frame.  I asked Rosemary if she would post what she had learned in the past 30 days when she settles back into her home in Kitchener.  I will do that now......

What I Have Learned in the Past 30 Days

Green Smoothie
Energy Soup
  • Posting events to the calendar on my iphone is really simple and it makes my life so much easier
  • Mailing packages is a smarter alternative than letting them sit in the back seat of my car for months
  • Zumba can be for seniors, haha!
  • Perky music in the kitchen (with Zumba moves!) makes food prep so much more fun!
  • Life will not come to an end if my Vita-Mix and Champion juicer remain sitting on my kitchen counter.  Kitchen Police have not arrested me yet!
  • Weighing myself AND recording it EVERY morning is an ABSOLUTE must!
  • All that I do for others is of no avail if I fore go taking care of myself first
  • There is life after Starbucks
  • I can and will take time to prepare food for myself
  • When I move, I feel soooooo much better!
  • I like having my picture taken when I look and feel good
  • I should have listened to my daughter years ago about yoga and what it could do for me
  • The Detroit area is filled with incredible beauty, ie Cranbrook, the Fisher Building, U of M
  • Pants were meant to be buttoned!
  • Cancer makes life better in more ways than I can even begin to explain
  • If I am to be truly better, my internal landscape must be drastically changed
  • In order to accomplish that change, I must and will claim my own personal power on a daily basis
  • Cracking a young Thai coconut is not a big deal
  • Preparing and planning food in advance is the only way to stick to a healthy diet
  • I will never again host a dinner in my home without having someone help me in the kitchen
  • Sharing my knowledge of raw food and how to prepare it is such fun and so rewarding
  • A full body massage by a knowledgeable therapist makes everything feel better!
  • Laughing alone may be therapeutic, but shared is soooooo much better
  • "Really good food" is not necessarily the best for me and my body...taste is not an indicator of "good"
  • Public bathrooms are not so bad and often necessary when drinking a gallon of water a day!
  • Dry skin brushing makes me feel alive and well all day 
  • Making delicious green juice and energy soup is a challenge, but so easy
  • Drinking delicious green juice and energy soup is an energizing delight!
  • Doing all of this with a supportive friend is much easier than doing it alone
  • Forget the schedule - sleep is more important
  • Always keep a stock of fresh fruits, veggies and herbs clean and ready for use
  • Remove all "no-no" foods from your home, once and for all!
  • Make "To Do" and "To Buy" lists - post them on your phone, yes!
  • Stop making excuses...life is too short - just DO IT!
This project will not be complete until I lose A LOT more weight and get much healthier...it may never be complete!  I will continue to blog, because now that Rosemary is back in Canada and I am here alone once again, YOU will be my support system.  I promise, I will not let you down....but more importantly, I will not let myself down!
16.25# in 30 days - YOU can do it, too!



7 comments:

  1. Oh Sue. This is so inspiring... I have tears in my eyes as I read your post... You are an amazing woman, I always knew, and now YOU are knowing it!
    Thank God for making sure you realize it yourself!
    I love you
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long journey, Linda, but so much easier because of having wonderful friends like you in my life.

    A whole new month begins tomorrow.....!

    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a powerful post, Sue! Your before and after photos are incredible--what a testimonial! You look RADIANT! STUNNING! WOW! Wheee, what a month!
    Here's to the month of February--I'm still with ya! Thanks for being such a huge, huge inspiration. You are amazing and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it now officially the "LOVE" month, Anne?! Thanks for your words, thoughts, love....how fortunate that we all "found" one another in Albuquerque, huh?

    Several people recently have asked if I am in love...and I laugh! Only with life and myself...and is that not how it should be?

    Much love and happy thoughts for you today and every day, Sweet Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. huge congrats to you. your body will move better (those wonderful knees of yours) and feel better without those 16 + lbs

    so proud of you. thanks for being courageous. you both look so much more alive and healthier. o yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Amazing transformation, huh?

      I am glad I took the time to re-read this blog, because it really is a source of inspiration, even to me. I have had a very difficult time accepting my age (63), but it is what it is. No one is exempt from growing older, but we can grow older BETTER! I am very convinced simply adding a LARGE green smoothie daily to our diets would improve the process dramatically.

      I have never gone back to my omelettes, but some days I do get lazy about my green smoothies....going to make one right now!

      Delete
  6. I completely agree about green smoothies - if that is the only change we made we'd be improving our health considerably - and there is actually research to prove that! Well done Sue - we are what we eat!

    ReplyDelete