Friday, January 21, 2011

Beware! I mention libido in this post

Rosie the Riveter - we CAN do it!!
One of the points of this month is to establish new habits.  Another is to have an embedded sense memory of how we feel in order to draw upon this experience later, in "real life" situations. Not only do I feel good and different but I also feel very hopeful and this is all related to clean diet and exercise.

Tonight we went for salad dinner at a vegetarian restaurant in super cool Royal Oak, MI. Restaurant tip to remember: as you are being seated, ask them to not bring bread, otherwise just give it right back.

Sue and I admired our neighbours' lovely plates. The pizza looked great, as did the butternut squash cassoulet, but delicious and tempting as it all was, I knew that I just wanted a salad. I want to keep feeling lighter, not bloated, I do not want to experience post meal pain, chest pains, heartburn and other after effects that I don't need to enumerate, (my friend, Rocky, recently mentioned that some blogging verged on TMI ~Too Much Information~ so I won't elaborate). I have been free of all these unpleasant sensations since I got here and I believe that this is the only way to go.

I am also aiming for fantastic Cholesterol numbers. I have, over the past year, taken myself from an "alarming" number to a "good" number and by January 30th it should be a "super safe" number.

Feeling this good, clear and alert does have additional benefits, my energy level is higher and "BING!" my libido has been bumped up a notch, OK, TMI again, sorry. So there's a health benefit worth mentioning to the menopausal gang (I'm sure it works for menopausal men as well!)
I am feeling younger and more vibrant, BADDA BOOM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment