Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22 - Striving for Excellence

Rosemary at Cranbrook Campus
Thirteen degrees this afternoon, although I didn't realize that when I decided because the sun was out,  Rosemary and I began our exploration of Cranbrook....on foot!  Obviously, we did not walk as far as I had intended, but caloric expenditure was definitely increased with the fast pace and the  shivering.....brrrrrrrrr!!

In this month of creating new habits and of loving myself more, I have decided to re-connect with the beauty of my area, something I have never taken much time to do.  I have the time to do that now, unlike when my daughters were in school there.  Since I now live only half a mile from Cranbrook, I am going to be spending a lot more time there.  The place is so beautiful, it never gets old for me. Walking the grounds and through the buildings, one can easily see what vision, perseverance and commitment to excellence can accomplish. 

Today as I was walking those grounds, my own quest for excellence in life, especially in my diet and ultimately, my overall health and well-being, took on a new perspective.  The founders of Cranbrook, George Booth and Eliel Saarinen, had they been slipshod, had they not been passionately committed to their project and had they not insisted on excellence down to the finest detail, this masterpiece of the Arts and Crafts movement would not be standing today, as it was nearly a hundred years ago.

Cranbrook Dining Hall
If I am to live the remainder of my life in a healthy, happy state, I cannot approach living in a slipshod manner.  There must be a plan, one of excellence, not only in the food I eat, but in every aspect of my life.  Cranbrook continues to stand magnificently today, not because corners were cut, but because nothing was spared in order to create a monument to love, beauty and excellence. 

Create your own Monument to Love, Beauty and Excellence - love yourself today by eating only the best food for your body, by moving it fully, by thinking only happy, positive thoughts and by laughing..............

NEVER FORGET TO LAUGH!!

The Laughing Ladies at Kingswood Campus overlooking Cranbrook Lake
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment