Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 28 - OMG, Down 15 Pounds!

Yesterday I was whipped, feeling very tired all day.  Rosemary wanted to tape some food preps and I did one, but I just wasn't into it.  Sleep has been a big problem with me for some time, much worse during and after chemo.  It is so frustrating to awaken at 3AM and not go back to sleep again until 6, but last night, a perfect 8 hours, yay!  An even bigger "yay!" when I got on the scales and knocked that weight even further to the left - one more pound!

My unwritten goal for this month was 20 pounds which I realize was a bit unrealistic, but 15 is fine with me!  I am able to fasten pants I have never fastened...others are ready to fall down.  My bra is now very comfortable.  My coats button without a pull.  Two days ago, I went for a haircut.  My Russian hairdresser looked at me with a big grin and said,  "Ah, Sue, you look so good!  You have new love?"  The raw truth was, the glow was from greens and nothing more!   She was so excited about it, I went back yesterday with samples of crackers, Chia Prune Pudding, Spicy Thai Sauce with carrots and a Brownie Bite.

Today we will be busily preparing for our 30-Day Raw Celebration Dinner tomorrow evening with about 15 friends, so I need to get busy, but first must share the delicious green smoothie I created last night.

Hmmmmm.....this is Michigan and I have only U of M connections, but think I will call this drink, "Go Green!"....it was an unexpected winner!

GO GREEN!

The flesh of one cantaloupe
About 1/4 fresh pineapple
One large handful of fresh basil
A spot of cayenne

Blend all together...and there you have it - a real winner!

My fruit was room temperature, good for this time of year in Michigan, but this would be delicious chilled or over ice.


Fifteen pounds today, BRAVO for me....now, on with the day!!

Sue
www.laughteryoga-michigan.com
http://twitter.com/#!/MICancerCoach

No comments:

Post a Comment