Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 13 and 14

Yesterday both Rosemary and I were a bit disappointed, but not down and discouraged.  The scale is in my room and since I am always up earlier, I have weighed in and recorded long before Rosie.  I cannot tell you how I felt when I saw that for the third day in a row, the scale had not changed...holding steady at 7 and 1/2 pounds since January 1.  Not at all what I had hoped for, especially since the colonic the previous day, but right then I decided it would be a very liquid and more active day.

I climbed onto my bike, also in my bathroom, and peddled away furiously for 15 minutes. An hour or so later, down came Rosemary who had exactly the same results...not an ounce lost in three days.  She came out with her announcement and without a word from me, declared that it was going to be an all liquid day. Thank goodness we are on the same wave-length!

I am not a proponent of the Master Cleanse, but it's a pretty good supplement when you are trying to get down a gallon of water.  We cut the maple syrup in half, increased the amount of lemon and then no problem getting down the water.  I drank a gallon; Rosemary, half a gallon.  Additionally, I ate two bananas, a tiny bag of organic carrots and many cups of herbal tea.  I had absolutely no hunger, no cravings, no headache, biked again in the evening and.......this morning I dropped 2 and 1/2 pounds!  Rosemary dropped exactly the same, so we are pumped!

Because we have a limited amount of time, we have decided that every other day should continue exactly the same way - primarily, Master Cleanse, supplemented with minimal fruits and veggies.  Also, no headache this morning, no racing for the refrigerator to gobble down whatever I could find, just a very calm, relaxed, easy trek to the kitchen.  Rosemary prepared our hot lemon and cayenne drink, prepped the coconut for our breakfast drink, as I prepped the veggies for our lunchtime green drink of spinach, apples, turnips, dill, celery and cucumber.  I blended the coconut, coconut water, almond butter, flax meal, cacao powder, vanilla, Medjool dates and maple syrup while Rosemary juiced the veggies.  Green liquid lunch is ready!

Rosemary is at yin yoga right now, while I sit in the cafe with my computer and a cup of green tea.  My back still has not sufficiently recovered from the "therapeutic" back-friendly yoga Monday night....better, but not ready for anything more than walking and biking right now.  Since I really didn't post on FB much about that adventure, I will now.

I had a laminectomy in '98 and have had some major issues with my back and hips ever since.  Despite my daughters' urgings, I have stubbornly refused anything to do with yoga and for what reason, I have no idea.  They are offering a week of unlimited yoga classes at the Yoga Shelter here in Birmingham, so Rosemary and I decided, what the heck...we should try it.  The first class, yin yoga, was really very good, no problem whatsoever.  The second class we attended, called slow flow yoga, was closer to "no flow yoga" for me.  I spent a lot of the time face down on the mat, reminiscent of a bad, little girl forced to take a "time-out" for sassing her mother!

Determined to experience as much as we could, since there was no charge, we attended that evening another medically based class for bad backs.  What can I say...I have one now!  Not their fault, but mine for being so darned frisky with the pelvic tilts.  I really got into that one...tilted like I have not tilted in years, as I was thinking....WOW, some anti-aging activity I need to share with someone! The next and last pose was a squat with feet spread far apart and butt nearly dragging the ground....where both Rosemary and I remained stuck and laughing, until the instructor pulled both of us to our feet!  Needless to say, that will be the end of my pelvic tilting for a very long time!  But I must say, despite injuring myself from overdoing it, the stretches I did experience this week completely relieved my right hip that has been stiff and painful for months.  Gotta love that yoga!

Thanks for listening!

Sue
www.laughteryoga-michigan.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the green drink recipe. I was going to ask. Also, the "time out" comment made me giggle. Thank you for your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete