Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 27....what's new and good? Down 14 pounds and feeling great!

For sure!  I haven't felt this inspired and energetic in a very long while.  As far as my fear of not being able to stick with this regime is concerned, it is a fear that has been laid to rest.  My addictions are a thing of the past - I can walk right by those high fat, calorie-laden Fiber Nugget Muffins at Plum Market without even a twinge of longing. 

I think the most difficult part was getting into the new routine, a new way of life for me, a totally new habit.  My old habit was to throw my clothes on and head for Plum, coffee and a muffin first thing every morning, despite knowing it was not doing one decent thing for any part of my being.  I was not in the habit of physically doing anything just for myself.  Preparing food for myself was limited to peeling a banana.  Honestly, I used to have a hard time even preparing a salad for myself.   Doing for others was my way of life, but not for myself.

For me, this month has not been simply one of green smoothies and chia puddings, but a month of redefining who I am, what I am and how I want to live the rest of my life - a month of self-focus, self-love.  From one of my four decks of affirmations cards, we pulled a card nearly each morning.   Often Rosemary's didn't apply, but somehow mine were always spot on, but the one I like best said this....

"The Point of Power is always in the present moment.  The past is over and done and has no power over me.  I can begin to be free in this moment.  Today's thoughts create my future.  I am in charge.  I now take my power back..I am safe and I am free."

To the present moment....and to your health!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment