Thursday, July 26, 2012

DAY TWENTY-ONE - This month is going FAST!

Doing an entire month of raw immediately preceding my first raw food chef certification class, August 5-11, has been a blessing to me - I really needed this, even though it was not planned.  Your feedback has been inspiring and beneficial in so many ways.  How often we have no idea what to do next, which path to follow, when the Universe simply steps in to guide the way, beautiful!

Today's intention pretty much says exactly that, "Today I will trust that the events occurring in my life are not random.  My experiences are not mistakes and the Universe, my Higher Power and life are not picking on me.  I am going through exactly what I need to go through to learn something valuable - something that will prepare me for the joy and love I am seeking."

I don't know about you, friends, but I have gone through some pretty tough times, especially in the past ten years.  All of those experiences were not random, they all happened for a reason, something that has taken me years to understand and accept.  With that acceptance has come JOY, a joy for me that is supremely manifested in healthy, beautiful JOYFOOD creations I can pass on to you!

Please enjoy the following salad which brings great joy to me every time I prepare it and please help me name it!


Vegan, gluten and low fat, this light, energizing salad packs a powerhouse of nutrients and will have you bursting with energy. Nothing is wasted and EVERY ingredient is nutrient dense.  I also suggest finely processing kale stems in this, if you have them sitting in your fridge or freezer.  The sweetness of the raisins, along with the sweet tartness of the cherries, balances out the flavors and with the addition of the amazing dressing, healthy becomes heavenly!

Ingredients (10 cups, at least) 

2 heads broccoli (1 bunch), including stems
1 head cauliflower, including stems
1 bag broccoli slaw
1 cup shredded or julienned carrots
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup dried tart cherries
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup yellow raisins, soaked and drained

Instructions
1.  In a food processor, process broccoli until very fine.  Remove to a large bowl.
2.  Process the cauliflower until very fine and add to broccoli.
3.  Stir in the broccoli slaw, carrots, sunflower seeds, cherries, raisins, and parsley.
4.  Dress with Lemon Tahini Dressing or dressing of your choice. For a totally oil-free and soy-free dressing,  dress with the juice of two lemons/limes and drizzle a little maple syrup over the salad before eating. (I prefer to use the Lemon Tahini Dressing)
5.  Keeps for several days refrigerated.

Lemon Tahini Dressing

Ingredients
1/4 cup tahini
1 heaping tbsp miso (yellow)
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp cayenne
3/4 tsp sea salt + freshly ground black pepper to taste
the juice of 3 lemons or to taste
3/4 cup Nutritional yeast or to taste
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp flax oil
6 tbsp water or as needed to thin

Place all ingredients in VitaMix or whisk.  Blend until smooth.  Keeps for weeks refrigerated.

Santé, To Your Health!
Sue Ansari, RN
CancerGuide 
Raw Food Chef and Food for Life Instructor
www.santetoyourhealth.org

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious!! Will try for this sabbath lunch :)

    ReplyDelete