Monday, July 16, 2012

DAY ELEVEN - GUEST BLOGGER!

Guest Blogger on 07/16/12 (Sue's focus was on the IRS today, so I offered to blog)

As a sister on this raw FEST journey, I am learning so much. Basically, I classified myself as a flexitarian. For me, that meant mostly vegetarian and meat when I had to have it (e.g., at someone's house). My body paid for eating the meat in unpleasant ways.


Much of what I ate was raw, because I didn't take the time to think ahead to prepare a meal; plus, I live alone and don't have to consider anyone else's palate. My "cooked" meals generally consisted of roasted veggies .... especially sweet potato fries. I could devour several potatoes' worth of those roasted delicacies (EVOO, sea salt, and ground black pepper). I'd eat left-overs cold (too "busy" to even use the microwave) for breakfast, snacks, bed-time snacks, any time!


Taking the leap to full, hard-on, raw (sorry, I do not intend to offend anyone by using that word/phrase, but EVERYthing seems sexual to me, at this stage of my life..... celibate for 6+ yrs and something woke up in me a few months ago and it is RAW!!) food sounded exciting and it gave me a way to channel this new energy that I won't waste
Plus, I know Sue, trust her, have witnessed changes in her physical appearance (and life), and love her. Surely, she would never encourage me to do anything that would hurt me.

It is possible that I may be a pound or two underweight (many contributing factors) so I am intentional in managing my weight so that I remain healthy. Consequently, during the past few days, I have nibbled on dark chocolate; savored, almost sucked every flavor out of salmon this past weekend; eaten a few, okay, half box of "healthy" crackers with almond butter in one sitting; eaten almond butter out of the jar - remember, I live alone and eat many nuts (darn, there's a word that can mean many things), etc.


Tonight, I made the Kick Ass Kale Salad and I may end up eating the entire concoction before I make it to bed. It is amazingly delicious in every sense (helps satisfy a deep, inner craving!)!


Reading everyone's comments encourages me and gives me tremendous ideas, which I forget, but hopefully, will recall at some point and write down, and then forget where I placed the written idea..... Oh well, life is! For several years, I've been very curious about green smoothies. The combination of ingredients sounded totally disgusting to me. When I read that a green smoothie was to be made and consumed on a daily basis, I trusted Sue. She doesn't look like green smoothies have harmed her!
Now, I LOVE GREEN SMOOTHIES - cannot imagine starting a day without one. In fact, each night before I go to bed, I made sure my blender (which works really well - don't have a VitaMix) is cleaned, assembled, and ingredients are set aside thereby eliminating the opportunity to make an excuse of not having time in the morning.

I am eager to find a dehydrator I want to afford!! I can almost taste the satisfaction (smiley face) of those nachos/crackers & curried cauliflower. Well, I will stop here and go to ebay and Amazon to see what is offered tonight.
I am grateful for each of you; you hold me accountable!

Angeeeeeela, in her element!
 Blessings Abound!!

 Angela (my name is pronounced: Ann-GEE-la) <- that is important! 

Thanks so much for helping me out, Angela!

No comments:

Post a Comment