Thursday, July 12, 2012

DAY SEVEN - 1/4 of the way there, YAY!

One week down, feeling lighter, clearer, more confident, with more resolve that next week will be even better and easier!  Four and one-half pounds, just about the same weight loss as the last time for the first week.  I don't know about you, but getting started is the hardest part.  By the end of the first week, things are looking good!  I am planning to increase my walking to 30 minutes morning AND evening . . . will I do it? I am going to set the alarm on the phone to remind myself!  I have time for everything else, so why not an additional 30 minutes for myself?  This IS self-care. Self-care is self-love and without that mindset, true wellness can never be achieved.  My reward for this week - 90 minutes this afternoon of PURE bliss having the cares of this world temporarily halted with a magical massage!

And what a great intention to begin the seventh day of this raw journey with - "Today I will do something for the fun of it.  I will find something to do that's just for me and I won't worry about what I "should" be doing.  I will learn how to make myself feel good and enjoy life to the fullest."  

That would be my ultimate goal - to feel good and enjoy life to the fullest.  I ran into the grocery store yesterday afternoon for a forgotten bunch of cilantro and noticed an older couple, she on her scooter and he, hobbling with his walker.  Seeing them, making a special run for one bunch of cilantro suddenly made more sense to me.

This is ALL about choices and our choices do make a significant difference - you and I, we CAN do it!

That cilantro was for a salsa I had made the night before, something I like to make, especially when the tomatoes are in season. I bought the first ripe ones this past week from the Farmer's Market and a good salsa was calling to me.  The flavors truly do need to meld, so refrigerate after making at least overnight for the best flavor.  My corn chips, which I make a little thicker for eating with things like this, were warm from the dehydrator - dinner last night was divine!


 Sue’s Sassy Salsa

Vegetables/ herbs should be washed, cored, peppers seeded, etc
 Use enough chopped fresh red & yellow tomatoes to almost fill a medium glass bowl
Add
1 finely chopped red pepper
¼ of a finely chopped medium-sized red onion
1 bunch chopped green onions
½ bunch coarsely chopped cilantro
1 jalepeno pepper finely chopped
3 large cloves garlic microplaned
6 T fresh squeezed lime juice
Juice of 1 lemon
1 t sea salt
1 T olive oil (optional)
1 T apple cider vinegar
 Combine, then let the flavors meld at least overnight.

I love this recipe! It is so great to have this made and refrigerated, always ready when you have a craving for something . . . at least it works for me!  Good to add not only to corn chips, but also on zucchini pasta, a salad topping, etc, etc.  Have a fabulous day and ENJOY!

Santé - To Your Health!

Sue Ansari, RN
CancerGuide
Raw Food Chef and Food for Life Instructor
www.santetoyourhealth.org


2 comments:

  1. What an energetic & inspiring person you are! Love this blog....have you see Joe Cross & his movie (Fat Sick & Nearly Dead?)...you & Joe together would be an amazing team..may be we could do a 'world road show'...and 'reduce the world'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ross!

    Yes, I have seen the doc and hand it out to certain people! A "road show" would be amazing . . . go ahead, make it happen! I write my own schedule . . .and thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete