Friday, July 20, 2012

DAY FIFTEEN - Half-way there!

So sorry I missed yesterday, very exhausted from my IRS "experience" which is now re-scheduled for a later date, but ALL is good!

I can't believe we are already through half of this challenge and I have learned, even more this time than when I was doing it here at my home with Rosemary, this cannot simply be a 30-day challenge; at least for me, it MUST be a life-long challenge.  Weighing myself daily, seeing the fluctuation in what one muffin or one "thin" slice of pizza can do to my progress, is so eye-opening. For sure, I am NOT 30 years old, I don't have years to correct bad habits.  Time is fleeting and my health and mobility with it, unless I do something about it NOW, not later!

The past two days I have had fun creating frozen bars.  I looked online for silicone molds and found a wonderful, easy-to-use commercial one called, ColdMolds.  It was so simple to create eye-appealing and delicious frozen bars by simply tweaking some of my tried and true dessert recipes.  All this tweaking and sampling and still down a pound and a half....gotta love that!

My Bars . . .

Pina Colada

The Crazy Monkey

The Chi-Chialicious!
Thus far, "The Crazy Monkey", with its coconut/cashew base, packed with unsweetened coconut flakes, fresh pineapple and bananas is my personal favorite. This morning I am making "Jumpin' JOY Juice" bars from one of my green smoothie recipes . . . all of this is simply TOO much fun, no suffering here!

For anyone wanting recipes, please email me at raw.reboot@gmail.com and I will be happy to share with you.

Before I get busy with food orders and bars, the intention for the day - "Today I will be open to the process of change.  I will trust my Higher Power and believe that the place where I will be dropped off is better than the place where I was picked up.  I know that change is necessary to take me wherever I need to go."  Indeed, indeed.

Have good one, friends!

Santé, To Your Health!
Sue Ansari, RN
CancerGuide 
Raw Food Chef and Food for Life Instructor
www.santetoyourhealth.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment