Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DAY FIVE - Preparing for JOY!

I am having another sleepless night, many things weighing heavily on my mind, so I decided rather than tossing and turning, I might as well post this blog early.  I gathered my decks of cards together and of them all, especially for these 30 days of raw, "The Language of Letting Go" seems the one I am most drawn to.  The card I pulled for today's intention states, "Today I will trust that the events occurring in my life are not random.  My experiences are not mistakes, and the Universe, my Higher Power, and life are not picking on me.  I am going through exactly what I need to go through to learn something valuable-something that will prepare me for the joy and love I am seeking." Preparing me for "the joy and love that I am seeking" . . . that is something to think about!

I did not plan for this 30 days of raw nor did I plan to be blogging again, but I am and I know none of it was a mistake.  Since I started five days ago, I have felt better than I have in a long time and I hope you do, too!

Last evening I looked through many "Mock Tuna" recipes, then came up with one of my own that I have simply named, "Almond Pate", because I don't like assigning animal protein names to plant-based recipes.  My mouth and brain are ready for tuna and although it might be tasty, it's always a bit of a disappointment.

This is a recipe that is good to prepare at the beginning of the week - one that will be readily available when you open your fridge and you're hunting for something more substantial than a grape.  Although the almond is one of the most alkaline nuts, it still has a high fat content . . . go easy!
 
Almond Pâté

1 c raw almonds, soaked for several hours, drained

one handful of  fresh basil or parsley

2 T raw almond butter

the juice of one lemon

1 T low sodium tamari

½ c chopped carrot

1 t dulse flakes (optional)

1/8 t sea salt

1 t turmeric

1 T maple syrup or 2 Medjool dates

Pulse above ingredients together in a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, until they it looks like a soft meal.  Set aside in a mixing bowl and add ¼ c chopped red onion, one celery stalk, chopped fine and one large dill or sweet pickle of your choice, preferably without any preservatives.

This pate can be used on crackers, as a spread for a collard roll-up or the “rice” in sushi.  Think CREATIVE!

Santé…To Your Health!
Sue Ansari RN
MICancerCoach
Raw Food Chef and Food for Life Instructor



No comments:

Post a Comment